In preparation for CGSA’s upcoming lunch with Peter Agre, here are some of his career highlights:
- Won the Nobel Prize in chemistry in 2003 for his discovery of aquaporins
- First to isolate Rh antigens
- “His honors include election to the National Academy of Sciences in 2000, the Institute of Medicine in 2005, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2003, and the American Philosophical Society in 2004” (http://malaria.jhsph.edu/people/director/Peter_Agre)
- Director of the Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute (JHMRI)
- He was on the Colbert Report! (clip)
- Apparently, he manages to find time to ski, too (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Agre)
Make sure you sign up for lunch!