What is the CGSA?
- We are a social support and professional development group for graduate students in Penn State’s Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics (CIDD), a “virtual” center bringing together theoreticians and empirical scientists in a wide variety of disciplines to collaborate and innovate in the area of infectious disease research.
- We hold a weekly journal club, invite speakers for the CIDD seminar series, organize workshops, participate in outreach events and much more.
- We serve as an administrative and bureaucratic voice at our university for members and non-members alike.
- Want to stay up-do date with relevant seminars and workshops around Penn State Campus? Subscribe to our calendar.
- Looking for a fellowship or conference opportunity? Skim our student-compiled google spreadsheet. Be sure to scroll through the different tabs, there are quite a few!
How do I get involved?
- Follow our news feed or subscribe to our Twitter account to hear about professional development opportunities, workshops, seminars and social events.
- If you’re “old school” subscribe to our mailing list by sending a blank e-mail to L-CIDD-GRADSemail@example.com.
- Come to journal club for down-and-dirty disease discussions.
- Talk to one of our officers! We’re very approachable and can often be found at CIDD events or drawing disease networks on the whiteboards of MSC.
- Become an officer. Look out for the nomination email sent out in March via the listserv. Feel free to nominate yourself and friends. Officer positions can be found here.
- Support our professional development activities by using our snack cabinet located on the 2nd floor kitchenette of the Millennium Science Building. Snacks are marked lower than you typical vending machine! Lock password can be obtained be emailing our Treasurer.
- Join our blog!
Questions or suggestions? Email us.