What is the CGSA?
- We are a social support and professional development group for graduate students in Penn State’s Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics (CIDD), a “virtual” center bringing together theoreticians and empirical scientists in a wide variety of disciplines to collaborate and innovate in the area of infectious disease research.
- We hold a weekly journal club, invite speakers for the CIDD seminar series, organize workshops, participate in outreach events and much more.
- We serve as an administrative and bureaucratic voice at our university for members and non-members alike.
- We are PENN STATE!
How do I get involved?
- Follow our news feed or subscribe to our Twitter account to hear about professional development opportunities, workshops, seminars and social events.
- If you’re “old school” subscribe to our mailing list by sending a blank e-mail to L-CIDD-GRADSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come to journal club for down-and-dirty disease discussions.
- Talk to one of our officers! We’re very approachable and can often be found at CIDD events or drawing disease networks on the whiteboards of MSC.
- Join our blog!